Lalgarh Palace and Museum
Built during the British suzerainty (from 1902 to 1926) of Bikaner, Lalagarh Palace is one of most prominent landmarks of the city. The once a proud residence of Maharaja Sri Ganga Singh, this magnificent palace building replace the Junagarh Palace, and marked the beginning of a new monarch for the city of Bikaner. Though it was designed by a British architect named Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob, its architecture is highly influenced by Mughal and Rajput style.
Starting from best quality sandstones quarried from the bosom of the Thar to the finest art and sculpture, grand suites for guests to striking pavilions, Italian colonnades to a dining room with a capacity of 400 diners, Lalgarh Palace had everything included. By the time Lalgarh Palace was completed, it became one of its own kind in the entire country!